Sunday, May 17, 2009

So, How Did That Taste, Anyway?

I was alerted to the fact that I left some of you fine readers in suspense with my last entry.

I can indeed say that Dr Pepper mixed with scotch does not taste like a turpentine fire. In fact, it's better than I expected, though I can tell you that I wouldn't make a habit of drinking it.

I mixed it with a Balvenie 10-year Founder's Reserve. No real reason for choosing that one over the other 12 varieties in my meager collection; it was merely within reach.

I don't really know how to describe it, save to say that mixing them released this intense cherry flavor, for which I was singularly unprepared. A wonderful little experiment it was.

And, thanks to several folks, the couple of days that followed were pretty damn wonderful too.

More. Later.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't seen Star Trek? Go see it. And if you're like me and don't like it as much as you thought you would the first time? Do yourself a favor and go watch it again. You'll like it the way you wanted to initially. (Brad--you were indeed right about that one.)

No comments: