Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An' the fragbaggin' schnabcrabber...

...goes inta the muck-ruckin'.

I said I would post something on Bond soon. However, I'd like it to be a review of
Devil May Care, and that will take a while. I'm doing my damnedest to savor this book, hence the delay.

See, normally I'd just gobble up a new Bond book like a fresh slice of my mother's homemade chocolate-chip apple cake. The thing is, I don't know when the next one's going to come out, and I need for this one to last me a while.

I will say this, though, in preview of my review: so far, Faulks has got the Fleming sweep down PERFECTLY. And I never thought I'd be able to say that of anyone. I've tried to stay away from reviews of the book for fear of spoilers, but I have heard there's a bit of negative press for it out there. And while it's possible that I may change my mind...eh, who am I kidding? It's great...and soon, I'll tell you why.

As I said, though, I want to take my time with it. It's a difficult thing, I tell ya.

Kind of like getting your friebestacker caught in your clatella hanger. And then you've gotta get a touch of sudafratz and mix it with a dash of snigafritz to fix the whole thing up. Which actually kinda sums up how I've been feeling lately.

Oh, yeah...and I finally started watching
Lost. Reminds me of starting out with BSG or V. Mars for the first time. It's that good.

Time to sack out. And hey, look: it's hell time.


Read:
GrimJack, by John Ostrander
Watch:
The Hound of the Baskervilles (dir. Terence Fisher, 1959)
Listen to: Mozart's
Symphony No. 40 in G Minor

1 comment:

heinz said...

Just to warn you, more people think Lost started great than think it stayed great. I opted out in early season 2, but others (BBV) are still going with it.

At the very least, you'll dig season 1.

And if I've just lowered your expectations, you might like season 2.