Thursday, October 30, 2008

Candy Corn & Canes

Continuing in my tradition of costumes that require little effort clothing-wise, while still being wholly fitting (Dwight from Sin City, Nick Fury, Bruce Wayne), this year's Halloween will see me as this ol' fave...



I can't tell you how strange it was to purchase the cane and the stethoscope. However, both will undoubtedly come in handy someday.

To end, a quote:

"When I was 14, my father was stationed in Japan. I went rock climbing with this kid from school. He fell and got injured, and I had to bring him to the hospital. We came in through the wrong entrance and passed this guy in the hall. He was a janitor. My friend came down with an infection, and the doctors didn't know what to do. So they brought in the janitor.

"He was a doctor. And a buraku - one of Japan's untouchables. His ancestors had been slaughterers, gravediggers. And this guy knew that he wasn't accepted by the staff, didn't even try. He didn't dress well. He didn't pretend to be one of them. People around that place didn't think he had anything they wanted, except when they needed him - because he was right, which meant that nothing else mattered.

"And they had to listen to him."

No comments: