Monday, November 3, 2008

Magic Hour

No, not that magic hour. It's yesterday's extra hour to which I refer.

You see, kids, the end of daylight saving time is one of my favorite days of the year (if not my absolute favorite).

I purposely don't adjust my clocks the night before, as I like awakening with the sense that I've somehow fooled time. That feeling fills me with the illusory joy of achieving the impossible. It's what I imagine it would feel like to dribble a football.

In the days that follow, I relish the sensation that comes over me when I check the time in the evening, always feeling as though I have so many more opportunities for accomplishment before day's end. For me, it's always a spot of hope.

I love that magic hour. I'd live in it forever, if I could. Admittedly, I'm romanticizing this little bit of time, but then...that's kinda what I tend to do at times, isn't it?

(Oh, and speaking of hope, here's hoping tomorrow's turnout turns out well.)

More to come. Later...

No comments: