Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Second Brief Intermission

I sure am glad the major news organizations are devoting crucial minutes of the news cycle to examine the threadbare connection (pun intended out of contempt) between those guys in the Abercrombie & Fitch shirts at the Obama rally and the campaign itself. I mean, it would be an outright shame if some story of intelligence or gravity replaced that claptrap.

If you don't know what I'm referring to...I'm so glad. As the man said, "Don't go changin' to please me."

And if you do know, I hope you're at least a little annoyed. Not that "stories" like this are anything new.

Here endeth the rant. My apologies for the brief intermission. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.


Read:
Portugese Irregular Verbs by Alexander McCall Smith
Watch:
Slightly Scarlet (dir. Allan Dwan, 1956) [fun, if highly flawed, Sirkian noir]
Listen to:
Good Dog, Happy Man by Bill Frisell

No comments: